Monday, August 16

Jersey Shore: What's the big deal?!?!?

I have never seen Jersey Shore, and I have no particular interest in seeing it. I figure I'm no worse off for not having seen it. In fact, from what I've heard of the show, I'm most likely better off for not having seen it. It seems, however, that I cannot turn on my radio, watch the local news, or read news on any local website without hearing something about Jersey Shore. I can, in fact, name at least 6 people on the show (I have no idea how many there are) just from hearing about them on the radio and tv. While using the restroom at Outback last weeked, I overheard a woman saying that the family dinner they were having (they were celebrating somebody's birthday) was all right, but she absolutely could not stay too late or she might miss Jersey Shore. I was pretty shocked to come out of the stall and find out that she was like 70!


My question is this: Do people in other areas of the country care about Jersey Shore or is it just one of those things that Philly people love and obsess about because the Jersey Shore is in their neck of the woods?

From what I hear on the radio and news, people don't like the current season as much as the last one, so maybe the whole thing will fizzle out pretty quickly (crossing fingers!). Or maybe the whole cast will get themselves arrested and then they'll have no show anymore. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment