Monday, October 18

I Love Swagbucks

I've been meaning to make a post about Swagbucks for some time now, because many friends have asked me how it works. Since today is Swagbucks' Get a Referral Day (or something like that), I figured it seemed like a good time.

What is Swagbucks.com?

Swagbucks is basically a search engine that rewards you with swagbucks somewhat randomly. (IMPORTANT NOTE: You will not win swagbucks for every search. If you sign up expecting to win every time you search, yes, you will be disappointed).

How do you win swagbucks?
  1. Searching - It's easiest to win by searching if you download the swagbucks toolbar, but you do not have to download it. If you choose not to download the toolbar, you simply go to swagbucks.com to search. I use the toolbar for just about every website I go to. (Example: Instead of typing facebook.com, I search for "facebook". It takes a few extra seconds, but it's worth it).
  2. Referrals - Get your friends to join, and you win when they win (up to 1,000 swagbucks).
  3. Swagcodes - Swagcodes are released on the swagbucks blog, the swagbucks facebook page, the swidget (the swagbucks thing on the bottom of my blog), and the toolbar. The blog also has hunts for swagcodes if you have the time or inclination to go on a virtual scavenger hunt. I don't often do the hunts unless they are for a significant amount of swagbucks.
  4. Bonus swagbucks - I receive 4 bonus bucks a day (this week that was doubled): one for using the swagbucks toolbar (You don't have to do anything to get that one; it just appears), one for answering the daily poll on the website, one for looking at the NOSOs (No Obligation Special Offers) on the website (You do not have to sign up for anything or do anything. You just have to look at them), and one for looking at the daily surveys (again, you don't have to do anything or actually take any surveys. You just have to look at them)
  5. There are also a few other ways you can win, but I've never taken advantage of any others. One way is Shop & Earn. At many websites, you can win 2 swagbucks for every dollar you spend. One of those websites is walmart.com.

Is it worth it?

For me, yes. It requires very little effort on my part and has really paid off for us. So far Matt and I have bought and spent over $150 in amazon giftcards. (One $5 giftcard is 450 swagbucks). Matt has also started getting restaurant.com giftcards, so we can afford a date besides McDs sometime. Currently, I have over 3100 swagbucks saved up. I plan an getting some $50 southwest giftcards at 5700 swagbucks each, so I can go visit my sister in Texas for a little cheaper than I normally would.

How do you spend swagbucks?

Swagbucks can be spent at the Swag store on swagbucks.com.

How do you sign up?

Just go to the website and click on "Register". If you decide to join, please use the swagbucks swidget at the bottom of the page, so you can be my referral. If you join today, there will be a swagcode for new members (worth 20sb) in the swag codes section of the swidget. You also get 30sb just for joining, so you will start off with 50sb!

How much do you win in a day?

I win somewhere in the ball park of 30 a day - sometimes more, sometimes less.

Happy winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment