Tuesday, March 22

Recipe Review: Chicken Salsa Pizza

I stumbled upon this recipe this morning and decided to try it for dinner.

Ingredients:
  • 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1-1/3 cups salsa
  • 1 cup cubed cooked chicken

Directions:

  • Place bread shell on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of cheese. Top with the salsa, chicken and remaining cheese. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
I made a few modifications to the recipe, but I didn't make any major changes:
  • To add a little extra kick, I put green chiles on 1/2 of both pizzas. I would have put them on the whole pizza, but that didn't really seem like it would be fair to the two year old who was going to be eating it.
  • On one of the pizzas, I used a mixture of sour cream and salsa instead of straight salsa. That was good, too. Neither Matt nor I could decide which version we liked better.
The conclusion? We loved it! It was SOOOOO easy to make, and it was delicious! At the request of Matt, this recipe will definitely become a regular on our menu.

1 comment: