Monday, May 16

Adventure Number Next: Gardening

For the first time, we get to enjoy summer with a yard. It's little, but at least it's a yard. We have a sliver (seriously, it's 2' x 8' at best) of yard in between our patio and fence that really is not usable for much, so I suggested to Matt that we plant a few things there. Hence, the beginning of the garden.

I don't know if it was loving the idea of having an outdoor project or wanting to give me my heart's desire (probably a little bit of both, actually), but Matt embraced the idea of a garden and threw himself into the preparations. Since he's at hardware and home improvement stores pretty much daily, he picked up a few things that we might need for our garden. He also did all the hard work of digging up the ground. Then all four of us trekked to Ace Hardware and bought the plants and a few more supplies.

We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, parsley, and basil. Matt also bought me a Topsy Turvy strawberry plant that we have yet to hang. I'm not usually good with keeping plants alive, but I'm hoping something besides weeds grows. Unfortunately, patience is not my strong suit, and it already seems like it's been a long time and nothing has happened. (In reality, it's only been 4 days. :-))

The finished product

Collin loved helping with the garden - mostly for the playing in dirt aspect.


Before we put the fence up, Collin asked to play with "the house". Sure, son, if you want to be confined to a 2'x2' space while Mommy is trying to get stuff done, that is fine with me. Of course, he wanted Jenna to be in the house with him. Both of them stayed in there happily for a good fifteen minutes.

I love Jenna's face in this one.


Jenna was so sweet and happy playing in the grass while we worked on the garden.

1 comment:

  1. Those are such cute pictures! I love them :-) That's a pretty cool garden if I do say so...

    ReplyDelete