Tuesday, May 17

Collin's Own Special Language

Collin is at such a fun (and exasperating!) stage. He talks all the time! (He gets that from his father - haha). Seriously, I was trying to explain to him today that he would get so much more playing done (and I would get more work done) if he didn't feel the need to report EVERY little thing to me.

I can understand most of what Collin says, but most other people need a translator. Below are some keys to understanding Collin's language (Collinian, maybe?)
  • Bob = anyone with a hard hat
  • cake mu-nin = cupcake
  • Daddy's toy = any tool
  • haircut = scissors
  • handles = sandals
  • heebo = hair bow
  • hungries = any restaurant or place with a lot of tables
  • make-a-ball = his silly putty
  • minn = cinnamon (Every morning we make oatmeal for breakfast, and he tells me, "Need oats. Need sugar. Need minn. Need water."
  • monster = penguins (We have a Backyardigans episode about a soccer monster to thank for this one).
  • the need-cook-it = the microwave
  • playdoh = cookie cutter
  • special juice = any red juice
  • stroller bike = the bike trailer
  • tiger = his toy lizard (Try as I might, I cannot convince him it's not a tiger).
  • truck shoes = rollerblades
  • tunnel _______ = anything you can go through and/or under (tunnel table, tunnel chair, tunnel trees, etc)
  • wee-wees = fishies
I'll leave you with a few things that Collin has said lately that put a smile on my face:
  • When Jenna pulled herself up on a toy, "Mommy, she's so big!!"
  • When Jenna fell down, "Oh, child" (said while shaking his head)
  • "No books, Mommy. Want read Thomas story on Kindle."
  • Holding up his white crayon that wouldn't write on white paper: "Mommy, my color broken. Need new one. Please."
  • Speaking about his cousins: "Cole has head. Carter? He not have head."
  • He asks, "Where'd that come from?" about everything.
  • When his shoes were getting too small: "My toes stuck!"
  • My personal favorite Trying to convince Jenna she didn't want to play with his bike: "Jenna, no bike. Too pretty ride bikes. Need ride in stroller bike." Where does he get this stuff?!?
How did my baby boy go from this.....


...to this so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment