Monday, June 7

Stay-at-home wife & mommyhood, here I come!!!

The end of this school year is more exciting than past school years, because at least for next year, I don't have to go back to work in the fall!! I have loved teaching and loved my kids, but working full time with one kid is difficult. With two, I don't think it would get any easier. I am in awe of the women who have kids, work full time, and somehow seem to keep it all together. I am NOT one of those women. Also, Matt's business is doing well, and he could really use someone to do all of his paperwork and keep it organized. Right now, just to keep a little bit on top of it, he has to take a day off once a week to work on it. The plan is for me to take over the paperwork side of things so he can be out doing more jobs.


Matt told me that I should just take the day off and enjoy my summer vacation for one day before I tackle all of my projects, but I feel a bit like a bum doing that when he's out working hard. So, I'm compromising. Today, I'm doing something that's fun for me and productive at the same time - making lists! I LOVE to make lists, tables, etc!! So far this morning, I have made a menu for the rest of the month of June and made a shopping list to go along with the menu. (When I have the time, I don't make any ordinary menu shopping list. I make it on my computer and add clipart and wordart and use fun fonts. My shopping list is organized by where everything is in the store, and I map out my route in the store to make the trip go quickly. I don't enjoy grocery shopping, but this bit of craziness makes it a little more fun for me).






For now, while I'm waiting for Collin to get up from his nap, I'm working on two more lists: one of things that I would like to accomplish this week and another for things I would like to accomplish for the summer. Maybe by posting my lists on here, I'll feel like I have more accountability to get it done. :-)

Things to get done this week (in no particular order):
  • Get ready for Matt's birthday - wrap presents, bake a cake, etc. (He turns 27 tomorrow!)
  • Learn Matt's computer program for the paperwork
  • Try to drum up some more tutoring business
  • Formulate a game plan for the student I am tutoring
  • Reorganize my apartment that looks like a tornado went through during this last week of school
  • Pack up clothes that we won't be wearing until after we move in September
  • Finish my grades for school
  • Investigate and possibly make an appointment to see a chiropractor - I've never been to a chiropractor, and I am VERY skeptical of the whole idea. However, I have had serious back and hip pain with this pregnancy and nothing seems to help. We'll see. Any input from people with chiropractor experience and/or chiropractor during pregnancy experience is appreciated.
  • Make an eye appointment and get some new contacts - I have been on my last pair of contacts since January. (These are the disposable ones that are only supposed to last about 3 weeks). If these get too bad to wear, I have to use my glasses which are so old and outdated. The prescription is about 7 years old, and my eyes have changed a lot in that time. I can' t wear them for very long without getting a headache.
  • Get out and enjoy the beautiful weather - It's supposed to be really gorgeous this week and not quite as hot as last week.
  • Attack the tons of laundry that's accumulated recently
  • Go grocery shopping

Since Collin is up from his nap, we have to head to the grocery store.

Happy summer, everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment